Sunset Rays Through the Clouds

Sunset is one of my favorite times of day. You never know what colors will be in the sky or what light will be like reflecting on the clouds. Every once in a while I drive to nearby farms to be able to have a clear view of the sunset. This day it was cloudy and I happened to capture the last rays of the sun breaking through the clouds.

Rays of the sun breaking through clouds at sunset

Sunsets have always been special to me. I remember going to my grandma's house as a child and looking through her many photo albums, over and over again. They were filled with family memories, photos of Mt Raineir, and many sunsets. I guess it's not too much of a surprise that I have a love of taking the same type of photos.

During the summer, I am usually outside at sunset. Watering my garden, going on a walk with the family, visiting the local shaved ice shack for a nice cool treat, or driving around looking for the perfect spot to look at the sky change colors. If I happen to be inside, my children pop inside to let me know I'm missing a pretty pink and orange sky. It's nice to see that my love for sunsets has been passed down to a new generation.

Do you love the colors of the sky at sunset or sunrise better? You can share your favorite sunset photo on my Facebook page so we can see!

No comments

Back to Top