Arched Walkway in Washington DC

 Do your eyes ever get attracted by the stunning architecture around you? Sometimes we go through our days with a destination in mind and forget to take a moment to look up around us.


arched walkway downtown washington dc

A few years ago, I took a short trip to Washington D.C. I mainly visited the monuments and museums and stayed in the same area. One day I planned a lunch away from the monuments and walked the few blocks away from the sightseeing area. I turned my head as I was walking along the sidewalk and saw this arched walkway.


I loved it! The stones, the archways, the hanging lights, the windows, the sunlight shining as I was in a recessed darker area. It all combined to take my breath away for a moment. Ah, what I would have missed out on if I had kept my head down and looking straight ahead.


So in your daily life, remember to take those brief moments to look at your journey, not focus just on the destination you are traveling toward. You never know what everyday simple beauty you might experience.

No comments

Back to Top